Panic in the pocket
New QBR data shows which quarterbacks can stare down pressure
YOU KNOW WHAT they say about great quarterbacks in today's pass-happy NFL: You gotta get to them. In the run-up to Week 11, I stopped counting how many times I heard that the Chiefs' best chance to beat the Broncos was to knock Peyton Manning off-balance. (So much for that.) Conversely, when pundits discuss not-so-great QBs, they often point to pressure: It's hard to play well when you're on your back, but give Sam Bradford (or Josh Freeman or Blaine Gabbert) some time behind a decent line, the thinking goes, and he could help his team win.
To read more about which QBs perform best under pressure, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Boys' Jay Cutler Jersey - Home Game Chicago Bears