Alexander must repair reputation
Securing an NFC West title and home playoff game last season was a start, but the Seahawks want more.
Securing an NFC West title and home playoff game last season was a start, but the Seahawks still haven't won in the postseason since 1984, the longest such drought in the league. Mike Holmgren looks to change that dubious legacy in his seventh season coaching the team.
The offense returns mostly intact after ranking eighth in the league last season. New president Tim Ruskell dumped troubled WR Koren Robinson, who hurt the offense last season with 10 drops and only 31 receptions. Re-signing QB Matt Hasselbeck, OLT Walter Jones and RB Shaun Alexander gave Seattle its best chance to remain competitive.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Marshawn Lynch Wall Graphic