Ward has big shoes to fill
If the Steelers find a consistent running threat again, it could mean another deep run for Bill Cowher's team.
Nobody expects the Pittsburgh Steelers to match their 15-1 record of a year ago, but the players don't doubt they will become a better team this season. Ben Roethlisberger enters his second year at quarterback with an offensive line that has the potential to rank among the franchise's best ever.
On the other side of the ball, speedy players such as Ike Taylor, Ricardo Colclough, James Harrison and Brett Keisel are maturing and should play key roles alongside the cagey vets who led the defense to the NFL's top ranking a year ago.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Ravens' Elam on Megatron: 'He's pretty old'
- NFL to look at big changes for replay system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Highland Mint Pittsburgh Steelers Heinz Field Signature Stadium Photo