Patriots facing a different Chargers team this time
Originally Published: January 17, 2008By Matt Williamson | Scouts Inc.
After breaking down the game tape of the Week 2 matchup between the Chargers and Patriots, here's a list of things to watch for in Sunday's AFC Championship game.
• San Diego's offense was a total mess when the Chargers arrived in New England back in Week 2. An ultra-talented group of offensive players was failing to mesh with its new head coach. Norv Turner was vastly underutilizing RB LaDainian Tomlinson, and QB Philip Rivers seemed confused, disheveled and lost. That black cloud hung over the Chargers through much of the first 10 weeks of the season. But the light has since come on for Rivers, who instead of holding back Tomlinson and the rest of the offense, has become a more confident passer and a genuine asset.
Charles Small/US PresswireThe Chargers will need a healthy Philip Rivers to have a shot at an upset.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Romo says his best football is yet to come
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Youth New England Patriots Team Colored Flip Flop