Dallas provided blueprint for stopping Seattle
The Cowboys' 3-4 defense gave the Seahawks fits in Week 7. As luck would have it, the Steelers use a very similar scheme.
Running the show, of course, is quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, who has demonstrated a great understanding of Mike Holmgren's West Coast offense. He is playing with a lot of confidence, making smart decisions and not turning the ball over.
This offense did hit one bump in the road on its way to Super Bowl XL, though, and that came in Week 7 against the Dallas Cowboys' 3-4 defense. Seattle trailed 10-3 in that game until scoring twice in the final two minutes to pull out a 13-10 victory. As luck would have it, the Seahawks' Super Bowl opponent also runs an effective 3-4 defense, and the Pittsburgh Steelers are firing on all cylinders as well.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Suspended WR Blackmon arrested for pot
- Source: Pack's Nelson wants $10M per year
- Vikings coach Priefer apologizes for remark
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Away Game Jersey Pittsburgh Steelers Troy Polamalu #43 - Extended Sizes