Polamalu's unique skills set him apart
Our lead scout breaks down Steelers do-it-all safety Troy Polamalu's game in four key areas.
Updated: February 2, 2006, 1:36 PM ETBy Gary Horton | Scouts Inc.
There are very few defensive players in the NFL who can take a game into their own hands and determine the eventual outcome. Troy Polamalu is one of those guys. He is the epitome of a playmaker and is in on more plays than probably any defensive player in the NFL. Let's look at Polamalu's game from a film breakdown standpoint in four key areas.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
Gary Horton spent 10 years in the NFL as a scout and another 10 years at the college level as an assistant coach and recruiter. He is the founder and most seasoned member of the Scouts Inc. staff, and his extensive experience at all levels of football make him an excellent talent evaluator.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cowboys sign OT Smith to $110M contract
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Steelers' Brown rips Sanders' QB comments
- RG III scoffs at zone read talk: Not who I am
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Elite Jersey Pittsburgh Steelers Troy Polamalu #43