Five who could be X factors
One of these players could deliver a breakout SB performance
Everybody is aware of the marquee players in this Super Bowl, but players who are not household names always emerge from a game like this with solid performances. Let's look at five candidates who could emerge on Sunday.
1. FB Bruce Miller, San Francisco: He is the perfect lead blocker in this pistol offense, which has so many varied blocking schemes. The 49ers use a fullback as a lead blocker in their option packages more than any other team, and Miller rarely carries the ball -- only five carries in 2012. However, he has sneaky receiving skills as an outlet receiver. He has 12 receptions and always gets a favorable linebacker matchup.
To read Gary Horton's full take on possible X factors, plus to get all of Insider's NFL content, sign up to be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Jerry backs Kiffin: 'Nobody I would rather have'
- Shanahan mulls sitting RG III for rest of '13
- Big Ben says he has 'no issue' with Haley
- McCown has 5 TDs as Bears bully Cowboys