Five who could be X factors
One of these players could deliver a breakout SB performance
Everybody is aware of the marquee players in this Super Bowl, but players who are not household names always emerge from a game like this with solid performances. Let's look at five candidates who could emerge on Sunday.
1. FB Bruce Miller, San Francisco: He is the perfect lead blocker in this pistol offense, which has so many varied blocking schemes. The 49ers use a fullback as a lead blocker in their option packages more than any other team, and Miller rarely carries the ball -- only five carries in 2012. However, he has sneaky receiving skills as an outlet receiver. He has 12 receptions and always gets a favorable linebacker matchup.
To read Gary Horton's full take on possible X factors, plus to get all of Insider's NFL content, sign up to be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Romo unsure he'll play in preseason opener
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response