How to beat the New England Patriots
Key for the Giants is to force Tom Brady into short passes and create turnovers
Getting into a shootout is certainly a low-proposition path since the Patriots scored 30 or more points in 13 of their 18 games this year and had 27 in another contest.
Should a team try to outgain New England yardage-wise? Seven teams did that against the Patriots this year, and only one ended up winning.
Even winning the turnover battle doesn't do a lot of good, as the Patriots were 3-2 in games in which they were on the losing end of that statistical skirmish.
So what is the key to beating the Patriots?
To read the full story of how the New York Giants can beat the New England Patriots, plus our complete slate of NFL coverage, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
- Megatron to show Elam 'old man's strength'
- Redskins: RG III still starter entering 2014
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
SUPER BOWL XLVI
SUPER BOWL XLVI: Giants 21, Patriots 17
PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Men's New England Patriots Legend Elite Conference Long Sleeve Performance Shirt