Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing whispers that some of Tiki Barber's success is attributable to the standout play of a couple of Giants OLs.
• A source close to the Browns says if and when the team decides to give Charlie Frye the starting QB job, it will be on general manager Phil Savage's timetable.
• Any doubts that the Rams would keep DT Damione Lewis from testing the unrestricted free-agent waters next offseason were removed following his ill-timed ejection in the Rams-Saints game for punching Saints C LeCharles Bentley in the groin. We hear Lewis, who was fined $7,500 by the NFL five days after the incident, is as good as gone in St. Louis after this season.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- GM admits RG III played too early in 2013
- Seahawks sign NFLPA president, OT Winston
- Hamstring injury frustrates Giants' Beckham
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Atlanta Falcons Classic Logo Wall Graphic