Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing whispers that some of Tiki Barber's success is attributable to the standout play of a couple of Giants OLs.
• A source close to the Browns says if and when the team decides to give Charlie Frye the starting QB job, it will be on general manager Phil Savage's timetable.
• Any doubts that the Rams would keep DT Damione Lewis from testing the unrestricted free-agent waters next offseason were removed following his ill-timed ejection in the Rams-Saints game for punching Saints C LeCharles Bentley in the groin. We hear Lewis, who was fined $7,500 by the NFL five days after the incident, is as good as gone in St. Louis after this season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate