Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing whispers that some of Tiki Barber's success is attributable to the standout play of a couple of Giants OLs.
• A source close to the Browns says if and when the team decides to give Charlie Frye the starting QB job, it will be on general manager Phil Savage's timetable.
• Any doubts that the Rams would keep DT Damione Lewis from testing the unrestricted free-agent waters next offseason were removed following his ill-timed ejection in the Rams-Saints game for punching Saints C LeCharles Bentley in the groin. We hear Lewis, who was fined $7,500 by the NFL five days after the incident, is as good as gone in St. Louis after this season.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Pats' Blount cleared of Pittsburgh pot charge
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict