Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing whispers that some of Tiki Barber's success is attributable to the standout play of a couple of Giants OLs.
• A source close to the Browns says if and when the team decides to give Charlie Frye the starting QB job, it will be on general manager Phil Savage's timetable.
• Any doubts that the Rams would keep DT Damione Lewis from testing the unrestricted free-agent waters next offseason were removed following his ill-timed ejection in the Rams-Saints game for punching Saints C LeCharles Bentley in the groin. We hear Lewis, who was fined $7,500 by the NFL five days after the incident, is as good as gone in St. Louis after this season.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- RG III to start against Vikings, sources say
- Jail video shows Randle joking after arrest
- Romo: Will play Sunday if pain is tolerable
- Belichick: Peyton is best QB I've ever faced