Tice, Haslett facing 'win or else' mandates
While not all of them are on the hot seat, there are a number of coaches under close scrutiny heading into the season.
Updated: September 1, 2005, 6:23 PM ETPro Football Weekly
Job security is hardly a staple in the NFL's head coaching ranks, with at least 11 jobs under close scrutiny entering the 2005 season. Forget that only three new head coaches will be entering the NFL regular-season fray in a few short weeks. Despite this year's relatively low turnover, it would be a big mistake to suggest an air of tranquility has settled over the always volatile head-coaching scene.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Source: Gordon hires former Sherman rep
- Peterson: Vikes' offense no longer 'predictable'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Kansas City Chiefs Red Lanyard