Whispers from around the NFL
Updated: June 27, 2005, 1:50 PM ETPro Football Weekly
• Word from Seattle was the Seahawks were a bit leery about paying the asking price of former Ravens defensive end/linebacker Peter Boulware, a player who missed the entire 2004 season after microfracture knee surgery. Should Boulware significantly lower his price, the Seahawks might seriously consider adding him to the roster. • A source close to the Steelers believes the team might not have much leverage in any contract extension talks with wide receiver Hines Ward, who has produced consistently on the field and is popular in Pittsburgh. After declining to sign wide receiver Plaxico Burress to an extension, the Steelers will have to give Ward a lucrative deal to keep him around. Ward is entering the final year of his contract.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers has idea of status, but not saying
- Sources: Welker not expected back vs. Texans
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped