Bucs will regress in 2011
After a honeymoon ride in 2010, Tampa Bay faces major obstacles in 2011
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were widely celebrated as the NFL's top breakout team in 2010, finishing 10-6 -- an astounding improvement from a 3-13 campaign in 2009 -- and missing the playoffs only due to losing a tiebreaker with the Green Bay Packers and New York Giants.
With Josh Freeman having another year under his belt, young talent on offense and a solid draft to strengthen the defensive line, Tampa Bay should be ready for a playoff run next season, right? Well, not exactly.
So why won't Tampa Bay improve from last season's 10-6 mark? It comes down to a tough 2011 schedule, a questionable defensive line and issues in the secondary.
Let's consider the factors:
For much more on the reasons Tampa could drop in the standings in 2011, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
- Cowboys sign OT Smith to $110M contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
WEEK 1 PICKS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
2011 NFL PREVIEW
JOHN CLAYTON QB RANKINGS
- Michael Rothstein retweeted
- Ben Goessling retweeted
- Matt Williamson retweeted
- Fathead Doug Martin Wall Graphic