Advancing a star-lite approach
Why the T.O. experiement has failed and San Diego is sometimes better minus Gates
Updated: December 28, 2010, 2:54 PM ETBy Vince Verhei | Football Outsiders
US PresswireTerrell Owens has good numbers but too many targets; Phillip Rivers has thrived minus Antonio Gates.
To read more about how San Diego and Cincy haven't really been helped by a star system in the passing game, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 17 PREVIEW
HOT READ: BRIAN URLACHER
PRO BOWL ANALYSIS
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Arizona Cardinals Carson Palmer #3