Scouts Buzz: Appreciating Witten
Cowboys TE even more of a receiving threat; how Patriots win battles before snap
Originally Published: December 20, 2010By Matt Williamson | Scouts Inc.
After watching the Week 15 matchups, Scouts Inc. shares these key observations:
1. Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten has been terrific since Jason Garrett has taken over as head coach. The Cowboys are using a lot more heavy run-oriented personnel and have featured Witten more as a receiver. This is especially true in light of their wide receiver injuries, but it is just another testament to Witten's value and versatility. He remains a great blocker for the run game and in pass protection. And his feel for running routes and getting open is second to none. He is sure-handed and quick to get upfield after the catch. In the Cowboys' 33-30 victory over the Washington Redskins, quarterback Jon Kitna targeted Witten a whopping 12 times. Witten caught 10 of them for 140 yards and one touchdown. He's one of the best in the business.
Matthew Emmons/US PresswireJason Witten seems to be thriving under Dallas' new head coaching regime.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Romo unsure he'll play in preseason opener
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 16 PREVIEW
HOT READ: Mike Heimerdinger
MNF: Saints at Falcons, 8:30 ET
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Nike Youth Home Limited Jersey Baltimore Ravens Ray Rice #27