Patriots aren't same team minus Moss
Why New England's receivers are having trouble getting open
The Cleveland Browns' 34-14 shellacking of the Patriots on Sunday revealed two things. The first is that we might have been wrong when we dismissed the Browns' win over the Saints two weeks ago. The second is that the Patriots miss Randy Moss more than most of us initially realized. Without Moss around to stretch defenses vertically, opponents are shutting down New England's shorter routes and getting the Patriots' offense off the field.
To read more about how Moss' absence is affecting the Patriots' offense, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut Pro-Bowler Ware; Broncos next?
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 9 COVERAGE
- Tervis New England Patriots 24 oz Logo Wrap Tumbler