Patriots aren't same team minus Moss
Why New England's receivers are having trouble getting open
The Cleveland Browns' 34-14 shellacking of the Patriots on Sunday revealed two things. The first is that we might have been wrong when we dismissed the Browns' win over the Saints two weeks ago. The second is that the Patriots miss Randy Moss more than most of us initially realized. Without Moss around to stretch defenses vertically, opponents are shutting down New England's shorter routes and getting the Patriots' offense off the field.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 9 COVERAGE
- Wild Sports New England Patriots Tim Wolfe Series Desktop Helmet Statue