Revisiting the Top 25 Prospects list
Arian Foster, Mike Wallace having best seasons so far
In July, we published our top 25 prospects list at ESPN (part 1 here, part 2 here) and in our book, the Football Outsiders Almanac 2010. With half of the NFL season in the books and No. 1 prospect Mike Wallace about to appear on "Monday Night Football" against the Cincinnati Bengals, now seems like a good time to catch up with Wallace and the rest of our top 25 prospects to see how they've performed this season.
For those who are unfamiliar with our prospects list, it's different from the work you see put together on Mel Kiper's Big Board or on Keith Law's top 100 prospects list for Major League Baseball. The most prominent prospects for the NFL play on national television every Saturday -- making a list that features Andrew Luck at the top isn't adding anything that Kiper or Todd McShay haven't already told you. Our list focuses on young, under-the-radar players who are already in the NFL but have yet to become starters. To qualify, a player must:
• Be in the second, third or fourth year of his pro career
• Have been drafted in Rounds 3-7 or signed as an undrafted free agent
• Have started fewer than five career games in the NFL
• Still be in their rookie contract
Without further ado, here is the 2010 list (in original order):
To read about how players on Football Outsiders' Top 25 Prospects list are currently playing, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Coach: Benched RG III must 'work on craft'
- Still: Claims of unpaid child support untrue
- RB Jackson to Whitner: Don't talk down to Bills
- Gordon felt some Browns brushed him off
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 9 PREVIEW
HOT READ: EAGLES QBs
RANDY MOSS TO TITANS
MNF: Steelers at Bengals, 8:30 ET