Turning JaMarcus Russell into a successful QB will difficult, but it can be done
The Oakland Raiders gave up on JaMarcus Russell, the No. 1 draft pick they awarded with almost $30 million guaranteed in 2007, but the 25-year-old signal-caller isn't beyond repair. Sure, his on-field inconsistency, a seemingly indifferent attitude and an arrest and subsequent charge for possession of a controlled substance make him look like damaged goods. But by sticking to our simple five-step plan, Russell could become a shiny new signal-caller.
To read more about the plan to save JaMarcus Russell's career, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Belichick: Gronkowski cleared by doctors
- Falcons WR Jones cleared for training camp
- Bills' Dareus back in camp, wants to earn trust
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN The Magazine: September 20, 2010
Check out the content from ESPN The Magazine's September 20, 2010 issue -- the List Issue -- below.
- 5th & Ocean Women's Oakland Raiders White Slub Henley T-Shirt