Any given Monday
How do teams survive a 17-week season? By taking the day off.
This article appears in the Dec. 14 issue of ESPN The Magazine.
Right after Minnesota throttled Detroit in Week 10, Vikings coach Brad Childress stood before his players to review the few errors they had made. Just as he was about to dismiss his 8-1 team, he uttered three words that nearly blew the roof off the locker room: "See you Wednesday."
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Source: Gordon hires former Sherman rep
- Peterson: Vikes' offense no longer 'predictable'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Indianapolis Colts Pique Xtra-Lite White Polo