FBO: The Brees vs. Rivers debate
Metrics and 2004 draft options show which way San Diego should have gone at QB
They chose Rivers, although that had a fair amount to do with Rivers' middling trade value (he had thrown 30 NFL passes at that point) and the torn labrum that Brees suffered at the end of the 2005 season.
As the 2009 season moves into Week 6, a careful examination of the facts can tell us whether the Chargers actually made the right move.To go inside the metrics of the Brees vs. Rivers debate with Football Outsiders, you must be an ESPN Insider.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL mulls fine for Lynch's hat, sources say
- Lynch to media: 'You know why I'm here'
- Ex-QB Blake: Deflating footballs common
- Broncos hire Phillips as defensive coordinator
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 6 PREVIEW
HOT READ: CENTER STAGE
STOCK WATCH: Fallers, risers
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey New Orleans Saints Drew Brees #9