ESPN The Magazine: AFC North preview
The champs are here, but how much better are they than Baltimore?
These division previews appear in the Sept. 7 issue of ESPN The Magazine.
Projected order of finish
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6)
Last year's champs go for lucky No. 7. The linebacker pipeline continues with Lawrence Timmons, and a healthy Rashard Mendenhall will help the run game. But even the best statistical projections can't explain the Steelers' consistency from year to year.
2. Baltimore Ravens (8-8)
The Ravens had the second-most injured defense in the NFL last season, which means they will probably be even better in 2009. Unfortunately, our models suggest the offense will give back last year's gains, even with Derrick Mason back as Joe Flacco's security blanket.To continue reading ESPN The Magazine's AFC East preview, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Seahawks' Lynch to end holdout
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Zimmer hire energized 'unhappy' Peterson
- Bad hair day: Skins rookie regrets new 'do
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Northwest Pittsburgh Steelers Twin Sheet Set