No free ride
Pity the poor player who hopes to cash in on free agency in 2010
This article originally appeared in the May 4 issue of ESPN The Magazine.
Barry Cofield rolled his eyes the other day as his fellow Giants went on about how rich he'll be after next season. The way they see it, the 25-year-old defensive tackle will be a free agent entering his prime, and that equation just added up to $41M guaranteed for Albert Haynesworth. Plus, with the owners having opted out of the CBA last May, 2010 will be an uncapped year. Jackpot.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Peyton may decide to return soon
- Sources: NFL probes Falcons' fake crowd noise
- Sources: Jets, Bills eye Revis in free agency
- Sources: Lions seen as favorites to keep Suh
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Salute To Service Limited Jersey Chicago Bears Brandon Marshall #15