Other things that jumped out from Week 15
Scouts Inc. shares its key observations from Week 15.
Originally Published: December 15, 2008By Scouts Inc. | ESPN.com
After watching the Week 15 matchups, Scouts Inc. runs down a few more buzz-worthy things that jumped off the screen.
• RB Brian Westbrook did an excellent job in pass protection against Cleveland's defense. He recognized the blitz quickly and consistently stepped up to take on defenders. Westbrook is usually at a size disadvantage versus linebackers, but he has a strong lower body and can get under a defender's pads effectively to give QB Donovan McNabb extra time in the pocket. • The Browns' offensive line did a poor job of reacting to coordinator Jim Johnson's pressure package. He brought the blitz from a wide variety of angles and forced QB Ken Dorsey to get the ball out of his hands sooner than he wanted to, which did not give his receivers time to run deep or make double moves.
Drew Hallowell/Getty ImagesDonovan McNabb had plenty of time in the pocket thanks to his offensive line's and Brian Westbrook's pass protection.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Ware, Broncos agree to $30M deal
- Smith finished with Panthers, agent says
- Sharper charged with sexual assault in Ariz.
- Bucs add QB McCown for $10M, sources say