Other things that jumped out from Week 14
Scouts Inc. shares its key observations from Week 14.
Originally Published: December 8, 2008By Scouts Inc. | ESPN.com
After watching the Week 14 matchups, Scouts Inc. runs down a few more buzz-worthy things that jumped off the screen.
• Carolina stuck with its base four-man front in pass-rushing situations and dropped seven defenders into coverage to limit QB Jeff Garcia's throwing windows. Panthers' linebackers Thomas Davis and Jon Beason are very athletic and do a great job of getting depth in their pass drops. • Garcia had few reliable options -- other than WR Antonio Bryant -- due to consistent drops and lapses of concentration. The Bucs lost this game in the trenches, but Garcia's receivers have to be more reliable than they showed on Monday night, if Tampa Bay is going to go anywhere in the postseason.
Jeff Hanisch/US PresswireSecond-year player Jon Beason is young, but he's a leader on the Panthers' defense.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Saints top Panthers to take NFC South lead
- Judge rejects Hernandez trial venue change
- Cowboys hopeful as Romo doesn't practice
- Source: Hardy trial ppd.; eyes reinstatement