Other things that jumped out from the AFC East showdown
Scouts Inc. shares its key observations from the Jets-Pats matchup.
Originally Published: November 14, 2008By Scouts Inc. | ESPN.com
After watching the Jets-Pats matchup Thursday night, Scouts Inc. runs down a few more buzz-worthy things that jumped off the screen: Feely's FG in OT kicks Jets to first place in AFC East
• The Jets are finally using RB Leon Washington correctly and the Patriots had no answer for him. Washington scored two touchdowns and was the Jets' MVP. He scored the first touchdown on a quick bubble screen inside the 10-yard line. Washington got low amid the giants and scurried into the end zone with exceptional quickness. He scored the second Jets' touchdown on an untouched return of a kickoff. However, the Jets should have used him even more instead of sitting on their early lead and playing passive. Washington is the best big-play option the Jets have.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- San Francisco, Houston win Super Bowl bids
- Romo out at least 3 weeks after surgery
- Jets' Goodson to plead not guilty to charges
- Kraft: Positive reports on Gronk's surgery