Chargers still the best, but teams are closing the gap
Hard to argue against the Chargers as the best running backs, but the rest of the league is closing the gap.
Depth is one of the keys to success in the NFL. Scouts Inc. looks at the starters and the backups at every position and ranks each unit based on its potential production.
• Nos. 1-10: No shock at the top
• Nos. 11-32: Look who's in trouble
• Nos. 1-10: Chargers best, but others closing fast
• Nos. 11-32: Raiders up? Bears down? Really?
• Nos. 1-10: Pats lead the way, others closing fast
• Nos. 11-32: Super Bowl champs best of the rest
• Nos. 1-10: Gates and Chargers on top
• Nos. 11-32: Texans, Jags have youth, talent
• Nos. 1-10: Thomas leads resurgent Browns
• Nos. 11-32: Physical Jags on edge of top 10
• Nos. 1-10: Adding Allen makes Vikes No. 1
• Nos. 11-32: Eagles just miss top 10
• Nos. 1-10: Ware and Thomas make Dallas No. 1
• Nos. 11-32: Falcons on the brink of top 10
• Nos. 1-10: Jones puts Dallas over the top
• Nos. 11-32: Buccaneers are just outside top 10
• Nos. 1-10: Bears, Hester run away with No. 1
• Nos. 11-32: Rams and Vikes just out of top 10