Is Allen going to wear purple and gold in '08?
Adding Jared Allen would improve Minnesota's defense tremendously, if a trade could get done.
Originally Published: April 17, 2008By Keith Kidd | Scouts Inc.
As a franchise player, DE Jared Allen's rights belong to the Chiefs for one more year. News of trade negotiations tells us Allen's contract demands beyond this season are so out of line with the Chiefs' rebuilding plans that general manager Carl Peterson feels his team would be better served using that money to address the many other needs it has.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Source: Gordon hires former Sherman rep
- Peterson: Vikes' offense no longer 'predictable'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Matt Cassel Wall Graphic