Is Allen going to wear purple and gold in '08?
Adding Jared Allen would improve Minnesota's defense tremendously, if a trade could get done.
Originally Published: April 17, 2008By Keith Kidd | Scouts Inc.
As a franchise player, DE Jared Allen's rights belong to the Chiefs for one more year. News of trade negotiations tells us Allen's contract demands beyond this season are so out of line with the Chiefs' rebuilding plans that general manager Carl Peterson feels his team would be better served using that money to address the many other needs it has.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined'
- McDaniels: Pats must be smart vs. Sherman
- Browner stands by comments on targeting
- Kraft: Sherman 'very smart marketing whiz'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Toddler Home Game Jersey Kansas City Chiefs Alex Smith #11