Patriots obviously at the head of the class
It's midterm exam time in the AFC, and Scouts Inc. is handing out the grades.
Here are the grades for the NFC.
Ray Lewis and the defensive line allow only a hair over 70 yards per game on the ground. The secondary, led by FS Ed Reed, is among the top 10 in the NFL against the pass. The Baltimore special teams, specifically both punt and kickoff return units, have done an excellent job of giving the offense good field position all season long.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
We've reached the midway point of the 2007 NFL season. Time for a review of the first half ... and a sneak peek at the second half.
Looking Back• ALL-PROS: Len Pasquarelli selects his top players on offense and defense, as well as top special teams performers. Offense/ST | Defense
• TEAM GRADES: Who passed? Who failed? Scouts Inc. analyzes every team's first half and hands out the grades. AFC | NFC
• Jeffri Chadiha picks out the surprises and disappointments on each team and also predicts each team's season record. Story
• Scouts Inc.'s Jeremy Green hands out his midseason awards. Audio
• ESPN experts pick the midseason award winners. Story
Looking Ahead• Which games will be most intriguing in the second half? John Clayton picks out his top ones. Story
• Who'll make the playoffs? Gary Horton makes his predictions ... all the way up to the Super Bowl winner. Story
SportsNation• Vote: First-half player awards
• Vote: Make your league predictions
• Vote: Who's an unwatchable pretender?
FantasyESPN.com's fantasy football experts tackled the midseason last week prior to Week 9. Here's what they wrote:
• Ken Daube: Midseason top 100 players
• Redrafting at the halfway point