Whispers from around the NFL
PFW is hearing plenty, including that veteran WR Rod Smith could be a training-camp casualty in Denver.
• With WR Brandon Stokley ahead of schedule in the rehab process following Achilles surgery and the coaching staff excited about second-year WR Domenik Hixon, word out of Denver is that the declining 37-year-old Rod Smith could have a difficult time making it out of camp.
• Observers say QB Brodie Croyle's passes came out of his hand quickly during Kansas City's summer sessions and that there was a real difference in how crisp his throws were, compared to those of Damon Huard.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'