Whispers from around the NFL
PFW is hearing plenty, including that veteran WR Rod Smith could be a training-camp casualty in Denver.
• With WR Brandon Stokley ahead of schedule in the rehab process following Achilles surgery and the coaching staff excited about second-year WR Domenik Hixon, word out of Denver is that the declining 37-year-old Rod Smith could have a difficult time making it out of camp.
• Observers say QB Brodie Croyle's passes came out of his hand quickly during Kansas City's summer sessions and that there was a real difference in how crisp his throws were, compared to those of Damon Huard.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- DE Freeney, Chargers agree to contract
- Mario Williams' ex alleges suicide-talk texts
- Source: Gronkowski may need back surgery
- Jets' Goodson arrested for drugs, weapons