Whispers from around the NFL
PFW is hearing plenty, including that the Bears will likely use special-teams ace Devin Hester on offense in 2007.
• Vikings DE Erasmus James' recovery from a torn anterior cruciate ligament has not gone swimmingly. Head coach Brad Childress revealed that while James is starting make strides now, the same could not be said previously. He also said that James, who sustained the injury in Week 2, had a follow-up procedure done in Denver recently and is not expected to be ready until training camp, although perhaps not at full speed.
• When asked what position groups seemed particularly deep in April's draft, Texans head coach Gary Kubiak mentioned offensive tackle and wide receiver. Perhaps it was a coincidence, but both positions are regarded as Texans needs.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Surging Jags hand Texans 11th loss in row
- Colts' Richardson humbled by his demotion
- Suh hopes bad-guy perception will change
- Woodson: Pack should shut Rodgers down