Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing plenty, including that Fred Taylor could demand a trade if the Jags don't meet his financial demands.
• Word out of Jacksonville is this could be a contentious offseason between RB Fred Taylor and the Jaguars. We're told Taylor, who is signed through the 2007 season, will ask to be traded if the Jaguars don't meet his demands for a contract extension worth $5 million per year.
• Ravens QB coach Rick Neuheisel and OL coach/assistant head coach Chris Foerster have played important roles in the offensive game-planning in the 10 games since head coach Brian Billick took control of the offense. The way we hear it, Neuheisel is likely to take over as Baltimore's offensive coordinator in 2007.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Cowboys sign OT Smith to $110M contract
- RB Jackson inks contract extension with Bills
- Steelers' Brown rips Sanders' QB comments