Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing plenty, including how impressed the Rams are with Steven Jackson's durability.
Updated: November 17, 2006, 1:59 PM ETPro Football Weekly
• The most impressive thing, we're told, about Rams RB Steven Jackson's emergence as an all-around weapon both rushing and receiving is how well his body has held up, with concerns over the third-year back's durability becoming less of an issue every week. • Despite all the turmoil in Oakland this season, we're told there is reason to believe the players are slowly but surely buying into Art Shell's philosophies. "That is the one thing that Art has brought to us, a consistency level of this is who we are, this is how we play the game," Warren Sapp said. "There is just a better feel around this whole place." • Word from South Florida is that Dolphins GM Randy Mueller would like to see what backup QB Cleo Lemon is capable of but that head coach Nick Saban wants to stick with Joey Harrington, who gives Miami the best chance to win right now.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manuel: Bills system easier to learn than FSU's
- Moore, Broncos put big blunder behind them
- DE Freeney, Chargers agree to contract
- Mario Williams' ex alleges suicide-talk texts