Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing plenty, including plenty of new faces taking over prominent roles on playoff teams.
Originally Published: November 6, 2006Pro Football Weekly
• There's a growing sentiment around Washington that the poor performance of the Redskins' defense this season might have cost Gregg Williams a chance to succeed Joe Gibbs as head coach. Williams is the highest-paid assistant in the NFL, and though a lot of the blame can't be put on his shoulders, he might end up being the one who shoulders the blame. • There is an opinion around the league that the Patriots paid a high premium to sign C Dan Koppen to a long-term contract extension as a way of proving to the other Patriots players that the team is willing to reward its own, following the trade of popular WR Deion Branch earlier this season.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Bucs sign DT McCoy to $98 million extension
- Lions' Mosley suspended, sent back to U.S.
- Titans RB Greene arrested on multiple charges
- Raiders' Hayden activated, available Sunday