Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing that the Chiefs plan to open up the playbook more for backup QB Damon Huard.
Updated: September 28, 2006, 2:45 PM ETPro Football Weekly
• While Texans DE Mario Williams continues to be scrutinized for a slow start, a source close to the club points out that the entire D-line's play has left something to be desired. The Texans have stopped moving Williams around as much, with an eye on trying not to overload him.
• We hear the reason why the Jets have been keeping RBs Derrick Blaylock and Leon Washington active as backups behind Kevan Barlow and leaving Cedric Houston inactive is that Blaylock and Washington have special-teams roles and Houston doesn't.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Backup Manziel says he needs to earn way
- Doctors: Jim Kelly has no evidence of cancer
- Texans' Clowney exits practice after collision
- Rams invite Ferguson-area teams to practice