Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing that Steve McNair's even-keeled demeanor has been a breath of fresh air for the Ravens.
• With Tedy Bruschi out until September and with Monty Beisel ailing with an injured hand, word is the Patriots' signing of recently retired Junior Seau is an indication of how concerned they are about their ILB depth. Though the 37-year-old Seau has played in only 15 games the past two years because of injury, the team believes his experience and ability are an upgrade over the reserves on the roster.
• Word is the Jets' medical staff made the determination that RB Lee Suggs' surgically repaired knee would not hold up over the long haul. That resulted in the failed physical, voiding the trade that had sent CB Derrick Strait to Cleveland for Suggs. Interestingly, while Suggs has had myriad injuries (ankle, thumb, neck, toe, shoulder) during his short NFL career, the knee injury is an old one, suffered when he was at Virginia Tech. He hadn't missed a practice with the Browns this summer.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Report: Browner rejects deal to reduce ban
- Disappointing Texans fire coach Kubiak
- Fox to coach from sideline against Titans
- Packers rule Rodgers out against Falcons