Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing that there is some concern in Giants camp over the early play of veteran CB Sam Madison.
• We hear that Miami is on the list of teams that Titans RB Chris Brown would accept a trade to, if Tennessee decides to deal its disgruntled back. The Dolphins are definitely looking to upgrade the backup situation behind Ronnie Brown.
• While most of the focus on rookies in the Seahawks' camp has been on first-round pick Kelly Jennings, we hear the team is very pleased with the progress of fourth-round pick Rob Sims, who is currently backing up Floyd "Pork Chop" Womack at left guard and, according to our sources, could be a starter at one of the OG spots sooner than later.
• Sources close to the Falcons tell us second-year DT Darrell Shropshire has been elevated to the starting role alongside Pro Bowl DT Rod Coleman. Last year's starter DT Chad Lavalais has fallen so far out of the picture, because he has been out of shape and shown little fight on the field, that he could have trouble even making the roster.
• One of the more pleasant surprises of Cowboys camp has been the remarkably fast recovery from ACL surgery of LB Kevin Burnett, who's working behind DeMarcus Ware on the right side. Burnett could get some time with the regular defense if Ware flip-flops sides on occasion.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Gleason accepts fired radio DJs' apologies
- Johnson: 'I've learned my lesson' from jail
- Sexuality a topic at NFL's Rookie Symposium
- LB Bishop says he's healthy, will visit Vikes