Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing that Lions RB Kevin Jones has been working on catching the ball this offseason.
Originally Published: July 24, 2006Pro Football Weekly
• In addition to being a few pounds lighter and a half-step faster after training in Arizona this offseason, Kevin Jones made notable improvement as a receiver with diligent pass-catching work. Jones wants to be a more well-rounded back and relegate Arlen Harris and rookie Brian Calhoun to limited roles.
• Our Cardinals sources are having a hard time figuring out just what kind of role RB J.J. Arrington is going to play this season, with newcomer Edgerrin James making it pretty clear that he expects to be on the field most of the time. Suffice it to say the honeymoon is definitely over for Arrington, who will have to make the absolute most of what could be very limited playing time.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Bills expect full stadium vs. Jets in Detroit
- Blount: Happy release led to return to Pats
- Gruden: 'Clock's ticking' on struggling RG III
- Raiders' Woodson on celebration: 'Ridiculous'