Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing that Broncos rookie QB Jay Cutler has been as good as advertised this offseason.
• Sources close to the Raiders indicate that WR Jerry Porter isn't the happiest camper with the way new head coach Art Shell has pushed for more discipline. Sources cite the sometimes tenuous relationship Porter had with Jon Gruden, who, like Shell, was more heavy-handed than Bill Callahan or Norv Turner. The Raiders have dangled Porter as trade bait in the past, so it wouldn't come as a complete surprise for Oakland to shop him if things don't go well early on.
• Sources say Broncos QB Jake Plummer has been sharp throughout summer workouts and appears to be as confident as ever despite Jay Cutler looking over his shoulder. Though the real bullets have yet to start flying, we're hearing that Cutler looks like the real deal to this point.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Pettine eyes 3rd preseason game to name QB
- Giants haul in hero Tyree to develop players
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats records issue resolved
- Broncos' Ward assault hearing pushed back