Dolphins need Culpepper
The Patriots are still the team to beat in this division, but the Dolphins have certainly closed the gap, writes Keith Kidd.
Both the Bills and Jets will introduce new coaches in the upcoming season in the hope of gaining some ground. The Dolphins' season will depend on the health of Daunte Culpepper and the Patriots will need to survive without the best clutch kicker in the NFL in Adam Vinatieri.
QB Tom Brady and the Patriots should once again be the team to beat in the East. However, the Patriots have lost plenty of key players this offseason and will need to replace them? Have the Dolphins done enough this offseason to win the division? Can the Bills and Jets find a way to make a move?
Let's take a team-by-team look at all of the competitors in the AFC East and analyze their offseasons.
Scouts Inc. goes inside the offseason for each team, looking at key additions and losses and predicting the order of finish in each division.
• AFC East: Dolphins closing on Pats
• AFC South: Colts remain on top
• AFC North: Palmer key for Bengals
• AFC West: Broncos clear favorites
• NFC East: NFL's toughest division?
• NFC South: Pieces in place for Panthers
• NFC North: Defense should lift Bears
• NFC West: Seahawks still soaring