Plummer hoping for encore
The Broncos are the team to beat, but the Chiefs should be a playoff team under Herman Edwards, writes Keith Kidd.
The Denver Broncos are clearly the favorite to repeat as the AFC West champions. However, the San Diego Chargers are an explosive team on offense, while the Kansas City Chiefs return a solid core of veteran players. The Raiders still are not playoff ready, but the offseason hiring of head coach Art Shell has put the organization back on track to future respectability.
The Broncos capped off their impressive offseason when they acquired Pro Bowl WR Javon Walker in a trade from the Green Bay Packers. The Broncos also did a nice job of re-signing key players Matt Lepsis and Gerard Warren who contributed to their success last season.
Let's take a team-by-team look at all of the competitors in the NFC West and analyze their offseason. Have the teams improved or taken a step back?
Scouts Inc. goes inside the offseason for each team, looking at key additions and losses and predicting the order of finish in each division.
• AFC East: Dolphins closing on Pats
• AFC South: Colts remain on top
• AFC North: Palmer key for Bengals
• AFC West: Broncos clear favorites
• NFC East: NFL's toughest division?
• NFC South: Pieces in place for Panthers
• NFC North: Defense should lift Bears
• NFC West: Seahawks still soaring
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Kansas City Chiefs Jamaal Charles #25