Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing that Panthers WR Steve Smith should have a new deal in place by training camp.
• Word is the most impressive Niners rookie so far this offseason has been fourth-round pick Michael Robinson, who's being thought of initially as a third-down back but could end up filling a number of roles. Robinson's running style reminds longtime Niners watchers of a much bigger Charlie Garner in that he always seems to move forward when carrying the ball. In addition, the former Penn State quarterback appears to be a very natural, fluid receiver.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Rams coach: Sam 'absolutely not' distraction
- Belichick: Gronkowski cleared by doctors
- Falcons WR Jones cleared for training camp