Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing that Panthers WR Steve Smith should have a new deal in place by training camp.
• Word is the most impressive Niners rookie so far this offseason has been fourth-round pick Michael Robinson, who's being thought of initially as a third-down back but could end up filling a number of roles. Robinson's running style reminds longtime Niners watchers of a much bigger Charlie Garner in that he always seems to move forward when carrying the ball. In addition, the former Penn State quarterback appears to be a very natural, fluid receiver.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Buccaneers release Revis before deadline
- Source: Ware, Broncos agree to $30M deal
- Browns cut ties with QBs Weeden, Campbell
- Smith finished with Panthers, agent says