Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing that Panthers WR Steve Smith should have a new deal in place by training camp.
• Word is the most impressive Niners rookie so far this offseason has been fourth-round pick Michael Robinson, who's being thought of initially as a third-down back but could end up filling a number of roles. Robinson's running style reminds longtime Niners watchers of a much bigger Charlie Garner in that he always seems to move forward when carrying the ball. In addition, the former Penn State quarterback appears to be a very natural, fluid receiver.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Source: Giants unsure if Wilson can return
- NFL placing trackers in pads to enhance stats
- Zimmer hire energized 'unhappy' Peterson