Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing whispers that the Ravens will not trade Ray Lewis for anything less than a first-round pick. Pro Football Weekly is hearing whispers that the Ravens will not trade Ray Lewis for anything less than a first-round pick.
• Why did the news that RB Ricky Williams reportedly had failed a drug test emanate from Denver? We hear it's because the Broncos had requested information on Williams' status in the NFL's substance-abuse program from the league as a prelude to a trade with the Dolphins. Word is Williams' appeal will be upheld because the substance he tested positive for was an herb, not a drug. However, the Dolphins are ticked off because the suspension scare likely lowers Williams' trade value.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Snyder won't intervene with RG III
- Rodgers experiencing pain, status uncertain
- Study: Hits to the head still prevalent in NFL
- Marshall: Cowboys were beat before game