Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing whispers that the Ravens will not trade Ray Lewis for anything less than a first-round pick. Pro Football Weekly is hearing whispers that the Ravens will not trade Ray Lewis for anything less than a first-round pick.
• Why did the news that RB Ricky Williams reportedly had failed a drug test emanate from Denver? We hear it's because the Broncos had requested information on Williams' status in the NFL's substance-abuse program from the league as a prelude to a trade with the Dolphins. Word is Williams' appeal will be upheld because the substance he tested positive for was an herb, not a drug. However, the Dolphins are ticked off because the suspension scare likely lowers Williams' trade value.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- RG III: Goal Week 1 but career comes first
- Cards ink 3rd-round pick Mathieu to contract
- Rodgers wants Pack to retire Favre's No. 4
- Pats' Brady not surprised Welker left team