Whispers from around the NFL
Pro Football Weekly is hearing whispers that Jeff Fisher is downplaying the possibility of the Titans landing Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart.
Updated: December 1, 2005, 6:20 PM ETPro Football Weekly
With the Titans out of the playoff race, head coach Jeff Fisher has tried his best to downplay the talk of potentially landing one of the draft's top couple of picks and adding one of a pair of USC players -- either QB Matt Leinart or RB Reggie Bush. Not only does Fisher have USC connections, of course, so does offensive coordinator Norm Chow, who coached both players last season.
• It would take some real creativity by the Cardinals to sign QB Kurt Warner to a new contract before the season runs out after using up most of their money under the cap to re-sign PK Neil Rackers. But we hear the Cardinals definitely are leaning toward eventually re-signing Warner, who has made it clear he'd love to remain in Arizona.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Hall: No 'fisticuffs' on horizon with Sherman
- Ex-Bills QB Kelly has recurrence of cancer
- Bengals extend Lewis' contract through '15