From one former backup to another
Hall of Famer Steve Young writes a letter of advice to Tony Romo.
That was an excellent performance Sunday night in Dallas' 35-14 victory over Carolina. You did all current and former backup QBs proud with your performance under the spotlight. We all knew you had it in you, but it's a lot harder to make throws and reads when the glare is on you and all of a sudden there is someone else on the sidelines holding the clipboard and a nice clean hat.
There were a few things I really liked about the way you played. First, you did a great job keeping the pace of the offense up and moving the team up and down the field. It's very easy for a young guy to come in and want to slow everything down to make sure that everything is in place, but while that helps the quarterback it also helps the defense. Good work on not falling into that familiar trap.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Kraft expects apology if NFL can't find culprit
- Report: NFL eyes Pats locker room attendant
- Browner's targeting plans sadden Seahawks
- Pro Bowlers: Arizona missing vibes of Hawaii
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Up To The Task
• Young: Some advice for Romo
• Theismann: Quarterback quandaries
• SportsNation: Vote on QB quandaries
• Knox: Reasons to stick with Romo
• Best in the biz: Top undrafted FAs
• 1st and 15: Top undrafted FAs