A look at the young guns
Joe Theismann offers his take on some of the young quarterbacks around the league and his picks for the top five games this weekend.
This list has to start with Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback David Garrard. He provides a degree of mobility that they didn't have with Byron Leftwich. Garrard is 6-1 as a starter and brings an entirely different element to the offense with that mobility. But don't think that takes away from his decision making because it doesn't. Garrard has done a great job engineering drives and making smart decisions.
Next up on this list is a guy who many people had left for dead in terms of his career. Joey Harrington is providing the Miami Dolphins with the sort of leadership and smart play that they've been lacking for years. He's revived his career with his recent performance and while his play hasn't resulted in a complete turnaround for the Dolphins, he has gotten this team to play better under him.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Players: Provide NFL deal details
- Wishful thinking? Cowboys send playoff tickets
- Seahawks' Lynch at camp after ending holdout
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Up To The Task
• Young: Some advice for Romo
• Theismann: Quarterback quandaries
• SportsNation: Vote on QB quandaries
• Knox: Reasons to stick with Romo
• Best in the biz: Top undrafted FAs
• 1st and 15: Top undrafted FAs