Browns face a decision; Packers don't
San Francisco, for one, already has decided to turn things over to No. 1 pick Alex Smith, although he has been injured and not playing of late. But the Cleveland Browns have stuck with a struggling Trent Dilfer rather than take a look at third-round pick Charlie Frye. Green Bay invested a first-round pick in Aaron Rodgers, and after Brett Favre threw five interceptions last week against the Bengals, some people suggested maybe it was time to give the rookie a shot.
The decision often isn't easy, as teams must weigh remaining competitive now against finding out what their young quarterbacks can do in the future.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined'
- Browner stands by comments on targeting
- Patriots' Blount: Seahawks D 'not immortal'
- Ex-Patriots RB Tatupu had CTE, family says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Toddler Home Game Jersey Kansas City Chiefs Alex Smith #11