Tip Sheet notes: Rivers contract update
Union braces for showdown on CBA; No new deal for Patriots' Burgess
Updated: August 21, 2009, 3:25 PM ETBy Len Pasquarelli | ESPN.com
G. Newman Lowrance/Getty ImagesChargers QB Philip Rivers can become an unrestricted free agent after this season.In the wake of the six-year, $97.5 million extension signed recently by Eli Manning, and the eight-year, $102 million add-on that was awarded Ben Roethlisberger a year ago, there was much speculation that Philip Rivers of the San Diego Chargers would be the next Class of 2004 first-round quarterback to hit the extension mother lode. Don't bet on a deal coming any time soon.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Boys' Home Game Jersey San Diego Chargers Philip Rivers #17