Mariucci unlikely to end up at MSU
From Steve Mariucci's next job to communication breakdowns in Jacksonville, Len Pasquarelli covers that and more Inside Tip Sheet.
After all, Mariucci is a native of Iron Mountain, Mich. He played quarterback at Northern Michigan, was a three-time All-American there, and began his coaching career at his alma mater. And his best friend is Spartans basketball coach Tom Izzo, whose counsel will be sought, school officials acknowledged, as they begin their search for a new football coach.
So there's plenty to connect Mooch to the MSU job, right?
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL mulls fine for Lynch's hat, sources say
- Lynch to media: 'You know why I'm here'
- Ex-QB Blake: Deflating footballs common
- Broncos hire Phillips as defensive coordinator
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Ryan Tannehill Jersey - Away Game Miami Dolphins