Scouts will take hard look at Samardzija
Jeff Samardzija's decision to sign a baseball contract with the Cubs will make NFL scouts scrutinize him even closer this fall.
The fact Samardzija signed a baseball contract with the Chicago Cubs this week won't change the manner in which NFL talent scouts assess the wide receiver as a football prospect during his upcoming season with the Irish. What it will affect, however, is the way scouts approach interviews with Samardzija after the season, and the line of questioning they use with him at events such as the Senior Bowl and the combine.
And it could affect, even if he is chosen in the first round, Samardzija's NFL contract negotiations as well.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Vikes give Rudolph 5-year extension
- Hardy 'hates' being distraction for Panthers
- Cobb: Haven't done enough for new deal
- Jets' Milliner says he is NFL's best cornerback
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Atlanta Falcons 3-Piece Grill Tool Set