CBA uncertainty complicates things for Simms
The stalled CBA talks could make contract negotiations tricky for the Buccaneers and QB Chris Simms.
Originally Published: January 13, 2006By Len Pasquarelli | ESPN.com
Given the potential that Chris Simms demonstrated during his 10 starts in 2005, and the fact that Brian Griese is coming off knee surgery and has a $7.08 million salary-cap charge for 2006, it seems reasonable that Tampa Bay Bucs officials will consider signing the younger quarterback to a long-term contract extension in coming weeks. Reasonable, but also risky, and for both sides.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Zimmer hire energized 'unhappy' Peterson
- Bad hair day: Skins rookie regrets new 'do
- Source: Giants unsure if Wilson can return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Northwest Tampa Bay Buccaneers Car Seat Cover