CBA uncertainty complicates things for Simms
The stalled CBA talks could make contract negotiations tricky for the Buccaneers and QB Chris Simms.
Originally Published: January 13, 2006By Len Pasquarelli | ESPN.com
Given the potential that Chris Simms demonstrated during his 10 starts in 2005, and the fact that Brian Griese is coming off knee surgery and has a $7.08 million salary-cap charge for 2006, it seems reasonable that Tampa Bay Bucs officials will consider signing the younger quarterback to a long-term contract extension in coming weeks. Reasonable, but also risky, and for both sides.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut ties with top pass-rusher Ware
- Source: CB Davis gets $39M deal from Colts
- Sources: Browns, Raiders inquire on Revis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Lee Roy Selmon Wall Graphic